Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Take the Bitter with the Sweet...



Quick Post: Have you ever thought about how some people will jump for joy and praise themselves when things are going good, but then blame the world and scream "why me?" when things are bad? Personal opinion: We all need to learn to take the bitter with the sweet; learning to take the good with the bad is the definition of balance. Let's appreciate our experiences, no matter what they may be and allow them to make better people of us. In accordance with the saying , "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" I believe that it's imperative that instead of complaining and grimacing them away, we recognize the bitter moments in our lives as periods of conditioning; obstacles - like any traditional workout - set before us in order to make us stronger.

Side note: I just read a post stating that, "Banana's Make You Happy". The post went on to speak about bananas' serotonin content and how that chemical affects peoples moods and overall happiness. This makes me wonder if people who eat bananas everyday are happier than those who don't? I bring this up only because, A) I eat bananas at least once every day and have had the opportunity to have experiences with several people who are either allergic, or just prefer not to eat bananas that - in my own personal opinion, have more reason, more material reasons at least - to be happier than I am, but aren't. B) It seems as if those same non-banana eating friends are usually credit-hounds who aren't willing to take the good with the bad, the bitter with the sweet, those that, whether they're well to do, or in a bad way, are most in need of balance - spiritual if nothing else.
But I digress...

Peace, High 5

No comments: