Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trusting the Almighty Jar Opener...

Ever struggle to open a jar? You put the top under hot water; even bang the top along the side of a counter. Still, you can not open this jar! Then, you ask another person to open it and WHAA-LLAA without a strain or any issue the top goes POP, right open! It’s always funny how that happens!

I see patience as struggling to open a jar. I am a firm believer that with focused thought and intention anything is possibly. The question is in what time? Destiny seems to always unfold in its own mysterious way and not how you planned it in your mind! The more you push on it (ala the jar), the more is seems to resist. Sometimes you need to trust another individual to do the job. On a larger scale (putting all jars aside), there is a higher power that seems to govern your path. He/She is the almighty jar opener! (lol) Being able to simply let go, practice patience, and wait for the path to unfold can be super difficult for some. (I am one of those people that have a hard time letting things JUST BE!) I am a hard worker and strive for what I want. Perhaps my own belief is like the Frederick Douglass quote, “Without struggle, there is no progress.” However, it doesn’t have to be a struggle if you simply put your faith in the Almighty Jar Opener. Knowing that the path will unfold before you in the most perfect effortless way can take practice. As I read my own blog, I know I must practice! However, I also know that something is planned for me that will look better than what I ever imagined!

1 comment:

ml said...

I was wondering where you were going with this... but you pulled it together in the end.. High 5!